Thursday, February 9, 2012

Chinese New Year's party

    I had a wonderful party on this Tuesday. it was a community Chinese New Year'sparty. All of the guests were from the same town as me in China. there were around 20 tables at that day.  I and my husband were so surprise that so many people who came form the same city as us. The party had three parts. First part, the compere showed us the recent developments of Enping city where we came from on T.V. Those pictures were so familiar to us. we talked to other guests that we had been the place where showed in the video, and someone eles said that they just lived next the place when they were in China. We just liked a neighboor with the people who sat in the same table.Second part was donation. In order to improve the community, when the compere made some very funny joks to asked the guests to donation money, all of the guests were laughting so loudly.When the compere thanked for the donationer, I just realized that the most stores in China Town were owned by the people who came form my home town. The last part is Karoke. Whoever could sing, but just some old men sang. They sang some very old fashion song, it reminded me if my parents were here, they would be very happy.I was sure that my father  would sing a lot and play the chinese music. It was a wonderful night for my Chinese New Year.

                                                                                                                        Helen

2 comments:

  1. Wow!! That´s a party. I´m sure that you had really fun. You have had the good luck meting a lot of people of your home town Enping.

    It remembered me our parties in Spain. We used to be all the friends togheter, having a lunch or dinner, talking and having fun. However I never have been singing in a Karaoke. It have to be truly funny.

    See you!!

    Fer2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chinese new year is the most important festival in China. All of us

    enjoy it,we play the firework, chat, cooking together, eat dumplings,

    etc. The point of Chinese new year is family. Family above all to us,

    because we always work everyday, so that it is hard to gather with

    family. So every year we spend this most important festival with our

    family. As I said, family above all.

    ReplyDelete