Friday, April 13, 2012

Way of life

Dear readers, we are almost ending the semester, so today I would like to tell you something more about me. Before to come to the US almost three months ago, I was living in Spain, I had my job, my friends, my family and all the things that I needed to live. However, I decided to come to the US trying to improve my life and change my way of life, so I’m going to tell you a single day in my past life.

 I was working as manager of a sport complex at Spain, so I was working for people entertainment. I used to work every day from 3pm to 11pm, so I arrived at home very late at night. In addition, I had my free time during the week in the morning, but some days I had to go in the mornings to work too, so. I used to spend my free time in the mornings to go shopping food, to make my house work, and practicing sports.

 When I arrived to Chicago, the change was radical, not only for the language, the way of life it is very different here too. I had to change my customs, so now I wake up very early in the morning, and spend all the morning at college. Later, when I arrived at home I do my homework, and I go shopping or to the gym. In addition, I spend the rest of the day at home having a dinner, watching TV, or surfing internet.

Certainly, my life is very different to it was in Spain, and I miss a lot of things, but I’m learning a lot of things here about English, American life, and about me too. I hope to enjoy my time here all I can, and feel the US like my home country.

 Take care.

1 comment:

  1. All of us missed our life in own country. We had a lot of fun there, I know, we missed it. That is the time that we can`t go back forever. The only thing that we can do is as quick as we can to get used to living here. Try some thing different, you will feel better. Take care, man.

    ReplyDelete